Ways to Give to Spring Baptist Church:
1. Put cash in the offering plate. (Cash contributions are not recorded by contributor unless placed in an envelope with the contributor's name on it.)*
2. Write a check to Spring Baptist Church and put it in the offering plate.
3. Use your bank's bill payment system, schedule and send one or a series of contributions. Let the bank pay the postage. Use your church envelope number as your account number. To contribute a part of your contribution to the Building Fund, put "BF" and the dollar amount in the notes or comment area; "M" for Missions, "B" for Benevolence, "GF" or no designation at all for the General Fund.
4. Go online to the Church's website, click on giving at the top of the home page, and proceed to make a one-time or a series of contributions. You can make a contribution using your debit card, check card, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card. You can designate your contribution for the General Fund, Building Fund, or Mission Fund.
5. Come by the church office and make a contribution using your credit card.
*The Church maintains a record by contributor, for all contributions. From these records we print and mail out year-to-date contribution statements, generally in July, October, and January. These statements permit you to review and verify your giving history. Year end statements meet the requirements set by the IRS permitting you to include your contributions as an itemized deduction on your income tax return for that year.
Giving Stories and Comments:
I get paid on the 15th and 30th of every month. To be consistently faithful in giving to God's work, I have scheduled automatic payments, of preset amounts, through my bank's bill pay system. When my pay increases, I can easily change the amount – one less thing to forget, and it puts God first!
Question: I receive reward points for everything I purchase with my credit card. I pay off my credit card balance every month, no interest charges for me. Can I use my credit card to pay my tithe?
Answer: Yes, you can, and we have members who do just that. Are they receiving reward points to use here on earth and reward points with God for their faithful giving?
Please note: The church pays a fee to accept credit cards. So, if you pay your tithe with a credit card, it is okay to add a little to it to cover the fee.
I occasionally make purchases over the internet. I also make my church contributions over the internet. It is so easy.
Go online to the church's website, click on "Giving" at the top of the home page and proceed to make a one time or a series of contributions. You can make a contribution using your debit card, check card, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card. You can designate your contribution for the General Fund, Building Fund, or Mission Fund. At any time, you can look at your online giving history there.
Do you contribute to church by putting cash in the plate when it is passed on Sundays? That is good. It works, but there is no accountability when you put cash in the plate. In order for me to hold myself accountable in giving the way God wants me to give, I need to be able to see a record of what I have given. Sometimes I must ask for forgiveness and correct my ways. Putting cash in an envelope with my name on it allows the church to keep track of my contributions, and they send me a statement so that I know how obedient I have been and whether or not I need to change my ways.
Note: you can give to as many as three funds in one transaction.